I just was prompted by ReverbNation.com to add up to 5 musicians that I am similar to upon my profile there, to make it “easier” for potential fans to find La Moi. Yeah, right!. *Sigh* It’s not easy being me, but I gave it my best shot. If anyone has any better suggestions, feel free to let La Moi know!
1) Edith Piaf
2) Thomas Dolby
3) “Weird Al” Yankovic
4) James Douglas Morrison
5) Frank Zappa
(1) Edith because she was a scrapper from nowhere- an “Outsider” who made it on sheer force of will & talent, and because she’s French, and my parody of her “La Vie En Rose,” which I entitled “Escargots” is one of my signature songs!
(2) Monsieur Thomas because he’s a brilliant artist, musician & recording engineer who inspired La Moi to write my parody of “She Blinded Me With Science” entitled “They Madden Me With Sonics”- thus originating my profession as a “Mad Sonictist”
(3) Weird Al because he’s such an apt parodist of popular culture, and he so obviously has FUN!
(4) Monsieur Morrison because he had the good taste to die and be buried in Paris & the most crowd-pleasing song in my rep is my cover of his “People Are Strange.”
(5) Monsieur Zappa, because no one was as brilliantly odd, as great a satirist of pop culture, prolific & prophetic as he, and as far as I know, I am the first person to parody “Valley Girl” which I entitled “Paris Girl.”
Veronique Chevalier on ReverbNation: